COVID Electronic Test Ordering
- To create a web portal account, go to: http://www.shl.uiowa.edu/results/web_access_request.xml.
- Every sample requires an electronic entry. Do not use a printed form with handwritten patient information. This causes data errors and delays results. If an error is identified after printing, you may strike out the incorrect information and hand-write the correction.
- Print each test request form and place in the outside pocket of the sample biohazard bag.
- Be accurate. SHL will use the exact information submitted on the form. SHL will not call the client for verification of information. Clients may call SHL to make corrections if needed.
- Provider/NPI numbers are required for each submission. Please do not use the Organization number.
- See the OpenELIS Web Portal User Guide for help with using the COVID Electronic Test Request Form.
We have listened to the feedback of our clients and are continuously working to improve the process. Contact SHL if you have questions or concerns. Our staff are ready to assist.