Course is designed to help clinical laboratories improve knowledge and best practices of biosecurity.
Bioterrorism Rule-Out Series
Practice working with a potential agent of bioterrorism and determine if the test results provided can rule out the agent.
- BT 1-1 Bacillus anthracis
- BT 1-2 Brucella species
- BT 1-3 Francisella tularensis
- BT 1-4 Burkholderia pseudomallei
- BT 1-5 Yersinia pestis
The learning modules in this section are based on the CLIA regulations in place at the time these courses were created.
- Anatomy of a Foodborne Outbreak
- Chain of Custody
- Influenza Surveillance
- Introduction to the Public Health Laboratory
- Using the CDS Courier Service
- PDF- CDC specimen-collection protocol
These short courses cover a variety of topics and require just a few minutes to complete.
The Hygienic Laboratory offers several courses for public health professionals through Prepare Iowa’s Management System.
- The Role of Sentinel Labs in Emergency Response
- Lab biosafety: avoiding Laboratory Acquired Infections (LAI)
- Electronic BT workshop for sentinel labs