Many of these courses were developed to be played using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe Flash Player has reached its end-of-life and is no longer recommended to be installed on computers due to security vulnerabilities. You will need to download one of these applications to play the following presentations. You do so at your own risk and should get approval from your IT department first. SHL will not provide any support for using these applications. Applications include: Eltima SWF and FLV Player (Windows), Gretech GOM Player (Windows), Media Player Classic (Windows), SWF File Player (Windows), Eltima Elmedia Player (macOS), and BIT LABS SWF Player (Android).
The learning modules in this section are based on the CLIA regulations in place at the time these courses were created.
- Anatomy of a Foodborne Outbreak
- Chain of Custody
- Influenza Surveillance
- Introduction to the Public Health Laboratory
- Using the CDS Courier Service
- PDF- CDC specimen-collection protocol
Bioterrorism Rule-Out Series
Practice working with a potential agent of bioterrorism and determine if the test results provided can rule out the agent.
- BT 1-1 Bacillus anthracis
- BT 1-2 Brucella species
- BT 1-3 Francisella tularensis
- BT 1-4 Burkholderia pseudomallei
- BT 1-5 Yersinia pestis
These short courses cover a variety of topics and require just a few minutes to complete.
The Hygienic Laboratory offers several courses for public health professionals through Prepare Iowa’s Management System (www.prepareiowa.com).
- The Role of Sentinel Labs in Emergency Response
- Lab biosafety: avoiding Laboratory Acquired Infections (LAI)
- Electronic BT workshop for sentinel labs